Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The zoo... duh!

I can't believe it. I thought I forgot my camera to the zoo... but I had it with me all along! UGH! I got some great pictures on my cell phone, and the Peterson's got some with their camera, so I'll post them later. We had a really nice time, it was good for Micah and Ella to finally meet! (They've been "friends" since Ella was born 8 days after Micah.) It's a nice zoo! Aside from a little bit of rain, it was great.

Micah's Dr. appt went well. Our doctor is so easy to get along with, and I know I take it for granted! He keeps joking he will watch Micah some night so we can get out (he's married with two daughters). He told Micah he'd take him swimming (up to his neck, of course). He asked Micah if he minded playing with barbies. Anyways, our doctor is just too fun... We got all our questions answered, and it's a go for tomorrow. Most of the procedure is "we'll see" but Dr. E is hoping that the 'sclero' will help a lot more this time... although he was really bummed to see how it's grown in the last two months. They're going to trim his epiglottis (his is really floppy, almost so much that it's shut) He's going to be really conservative because he can always go back and do more. This is the part of the procedure that I worry most about, because Micah will have to work more to protect his airway, but it's necessary to get the trach out. Kind of a catch 22... Can't take the trach out without it, but if he can't recover, the trach won't come out. Ick.

Anyways, surgery is scheduled (key word) for tomorrow at 9:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment