Friday, November 5, 2010

If you read anything today, it should be this.

http://ainsleyrae.blogspot.com/2010/11/day-to-truly-celebrate.html

I couldn't have said it better myself. Please understand, we're not trying to be political (necessarily), but like everyone says... Vote for your values... Well, health care for my child has now come to the top of my values list. What's your annual limit on your insurance? What's your lifetime maximum? Many people don't even know, because it's not something they have to think about. Micah's first year came to over 3/4 of a million dollars... his first year! In my opinion, the overhaul of health care is a good start. It is not OKAY to be able to drop children from a policy! It's not okay to deny them coverage because they cost too much! It's ridiculous!

Oh, this was a long time coming. If you don't like the healthcare overhaul, pick and choose what you don't like.. Some of us literally can't afford to not have it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you in this.... one step in the right direction! As we are on private health insurance now, I find that I am MUCH more aware of such things.... now, if we could get the gov't to put a cap on premiums, we'd be in good shape, right??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Britt. I've never liked the idea of lifetime max benefits. It's way too easy in this day and age to hit $2 or $5 or whatever number is set. I just hope that nothing is repealed with the change in the balance of power in Washington. Love you, Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete