Monday, February 15, 2010

Catching up...























Here's the tooth that came out of the middle of nowhere! I still can't believe it... He's only 5 1/2 months old, and really is more like 4 1/2 months old since he was premature! The picture of Micah and Travis has to be one of my very favorites ever.

Here's some mommy wisdom I've learned. When I was pregnant, my hair grew and grew. It was thick and wonderful. Then... all out once, it made a mass exodus. It was like someone ran into a crowded theater and yelled, "FIRE!"... out it fell... in clumps, in heaps... Darn.
Another thing... Diaper changing stations in restaurants are NOT a given. We obviously spend a fair bit of time driving to and from Cincy with Micah. There's a great town about halfway to Cincy... We've stopped at 4 major chain restaurants... Only one had a changing table. People... really... do you want me to be changing his dirty diaper in the middle of your restaurant? You're not giving me much of a choice.

Micah is starting to take a spoon, which is super exciting. He really can't have anything more than a half drop of milk, but he likes it! This was a totally unexpected development, spurred on by the tooth I think. If by some miracle he passes his tests in March, we might be talking eating by mouth! (By some miracle being the important part). Anyways, I've been in touch with the miracle Man, anything can happen!

Anybody have any experience with the Indiana state parks? I'm looking for places we can take Micah this spring and summer. He can't hit the beach or the pool, so I'm looking for other options. Let me know if you have any recommendations, or would want to come with us! (We're thinking a day, maybe 2 at a time).

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right about the picture of Travis & Micah,absoutly beautiful need to make that a big one!! What kind of things would you want to do, if you go to a park? There is the one at Angola, or vthe one at Potato State Park by Lakeville, not to far either one. I sure wish this yucky snow would stop!Glad to see you writing on the blog, I miss it when you don't.
    Great-Grandma

    ReplyDelete