Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meh.

Haha, mom, it's passey muir valve.

Either way, we didn't get one. Darn.

They want to schedule his surgery for sometime in the next 3-12 months. At our convienence, whatever that means! I hate that! Dr. changed his mind, probably not going to do the whole surgeryat once. Too long. Looking at booking the OR for 4-5 hours. (As opposed to 7-8 hours). It looks like we'll be down here for a week and a half, give or take. It seems like the doctor would prefer to do it in 3-6 month time span.

First we have to get his nutrition in order, which has been quite the task. One of the other docs we see was really frustrated with his feeding situation (hooray!) and is going to talk to his GI surgeon about adding some medication to help with his GI motility (how he moves things out of his tummy). Luckily everyone is on board with not switching to type of tube where he has to be on continuous feeds all the time. Ew. No one wants that.

Speaking of continuous feedings, I forgot to pack an extra feeding pump bag. I've never forgotten ANYTHING (short of dish soap) on a trip to Cincy. Of course, the bag we had broke.. or the pump is broke, hard to say (I think it's the bag). Either way, I don't think I can get one from the hospital since it's after hours. I'm going to try to pull every other string i know. He gets fed continuously at night for 10 hours, and it would really stink to do that manually, but it's my fault for being a numbskull.

Numbskull, numbskull, numbskull. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment