Monday, April 26, 2010

Insurance makes me want to throw up.

If anyone has any experience on appealing insurance claims, please let me know.
Please pray that the insurance company sees that Micah needs to be treated in Cincinnati, not Riley's. I'm not sure if it's necessarily true that Riley's wouldn't be the best treatment, but we are so happy in Cincinnati... And really, how often can you say that!

Micah is doing really well. He's starting to sit up on his own for short periods of time.. (okay, like 5-10 seconds, but that counts!) He had an especially good time eating sweet potatoes. Good, as in he had a great time playing in his food, but good also because he ate a few bites more than normal. I really needed that today.

We got to hear a great couple that are missionaries to Tajikistan. They work in church planting, humanitarian work, and working with kids with disabilities. That was so encouraging!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can find someone who can help you so you won't have to change,altho Riley would be some what closer but you have such faith in the Dr's that you have that mileage would not make up for it.Just remember we will be praying for you all!!!
    LOVE yOU

    gREAT-gRANDMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Angel from the Z back in the day. I've dealt with insurance companies a lot.

    If the insurance company is denying it, you need the doctor to help you appeal. Doctor's are really, really good at writing nasty letters to insurance companies. If you and the doctors know that this is the best place for your little boy, then fight. The doctors can send letters to help your case.

    My prayers are with you.

    -Angel

    ReplyDelete