Friday, November 6, 2009

AHHHH!!!!

Alright, the patience is gone. Gone, gone, gone. Micah's birth certificate could be lost in an abyss somewhere between Cincy and nowhere! Okay, so that's a little over dramatic, but still. We finally found where his birth certificate should be, and they told me that it may take 14 WEEKS from when he was born until when they have it on file. And WHERE might it be? (Seriously) God only knows. They cannot tell us if they have it, they have to let us know BY MAIL. We have like, 20 days to finish filing with Medicaid. If we don't get it because it takes them 3 1/2 months to get his birth certificate, I'm going to punch someone in the nose (okay, not really).
We're not sure there are any strings to pull at this point.. let us know. We've already had the office of Governor Daniels, Senator Dillon and Representative Bell calling on our behalf to the medicaid office. Kind of restores your faith in politicians a little, yes? We appreciate their work for us very much.
Well, the internet here is as testy as I am, so I better go before I lose it entirely.
Take care!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you guys are having so many problems! Its almost like with all Micahs problems and then the insurance not co-operating that this is just par for the course. I cannot understand HOW this could happen-why did it? Can anyone from the cincy hospital call medicaid? I sincerly hope that one day you guys can look back on ALL this and laugh and have some fond memories. Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would it help you to show up in person in cincy to wherever it should be and claim the birth certificate? This is one of those privacy things where they won't give info on the phone. By the way, Dave sez Micah and Obama now have something in common...no birth certificate. :) judek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to get violent. Patience is not my strong suit either, but I think you have more than I do. I'd probably be camped out on the door step of the office in Cincy that has his birth certificate. You'd think in this age of computerization it wouldn't take that long to get a piece of paper saying someone has been born. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. Love to you, Travis, and Mr. Micah.

    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete