Monday, November 16, 2009

Just another day in the NICU...

Things are going pretty well. Micah is doing well, and getting stronger. He's starting to be able to lift his head when he's on his "belly" (it's pretty complicated doing so because of the trach). Physical therapy is going well... speech therapy hasn't been as good lately. I'm not sure if it's the new people (unfortunately he sees three different speech therapists)... or what it is, but it has't been going as well as it had been. You win some and lose some, I suppose.
We've been enjoying having visitors, and was pleasantly suprised to have someone stop by today! Travis is at work today, so I'm getting a feel for being by myself with Micah. (Didn't get lunch till 3:30... I'm sure that'll happen more than once!)
We're still waiting... and hoping. Meanwhile, the little man grows... He's 9# 12 oz now. He's grown everyday but one since we got to Indiana! It's amazing how big he is!
Have a great day...

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh he's huge!! I love the new pictures. Stay positive and we are thinking of you guys!

    Sarah, Steve, and Ella

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to see you and meet Micah! I was so thrilled to be able to hold your sweet little guy (I guess he must have been comfortable with me.... you know.... with the poop and all! HA!!!) :) Praying that you'll be HOME soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah is getting so.. big! Praying you get to go home soon! Sandi

    ReplyDelete