Friday, September 16, 2011

The IVIG monster...

The IVIG monster strikes again! Usually it only strikes every 6-8 weeks around surgery times, this time it was 2 1/2 weeks! As of Tuesday his count was 368 (most ppl should be above 400, they allow Micah 350). So inevitably, it'll be down well below 350 by Monday. So we'll head to Cincy or part way Sunday night to avoid getting up at 4am for our 8:30am appt. The good news is since it's an AM appt, we should be back at a decent hour that evening. Usually it's 8:30appt, by the time they get going it'll be at least 10. 5 hour infusion, hopefully out the door by mid-late afternoon, home by 8 or 9.

I really hate staying overnight places though. I'm so freaked out about bedbugs. We've got our "favorite" hotels both inside and outside of the city that haven't given us bedbugs yet... Speaking of which, I should probably book one of those.

Oh, the joys of medical parenting.

I am working on a fun post, though. I promise. And if you don't have anything to do on Oct 1st, come join us at the Camp Mack Festival. They have pontoon rides, hay rides, kids activities and delicious food (and I'm sure so much more!) If you want more info, let me know. (or go to www.campmack.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment