Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fiesty mama on the loose.

I'm really starting to push about what (if anything) can be done to get us out of here (at least across the street to the Ronald McDonald House). I can empty a drain every 6 hours... the question is just about antibiotics. Is it worth a PICC line to get out? Maybe not, but it's hard to say not knowing how long this will keep draining. Some kids take weeks... Hopefully regular antibiotics will suffice. Fiesty mama on the loose! He's just so much more unhappy here.

In my opinion (I gotta be careful, I know some of his doctors have his blog)... there are two decisions to be made. Can he be on oral antibiotics or does it have to be IV? Is a PICC line worth it to get us out of here? A nurse would probably have to come out to the RMH to check on it, which happens frequently over there. (His peripheral is dying fast, so we need to make a decision..A peripheral only lasts a few days, a PICC can last a lot longer.) He needs antibiotics every 6 hours. If it has to be that he stays here, that's fine, let's just decide that instead of pushing it back another day.

I know, I know... impatient much?

No comments:

Post a Comment