Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We must be home, right?


Of course, when the updates stop, we must be home!


We've had a CRAZY busy week, but yesterday we had nothing to do but errands. SWEET! Since we got home Friday, we've made two more appts in Cincy. One a week from today, and one three weeks from today. Luckily, our new chariot awaits!
All of Micah's stuff plus our Chevy Prizm just wasn't working. The backwards car seat meant I had to sit behind Travis, which meant I just didn't fit. This car is so big!!! We haven't been able to drive it (stupid BMV) but I look forward to loading it up in 12 days when we go on our youth work trip! I'm giggly just thinking about being able to sit with my feet on the floor!
I just heard the American Academy of Pediatrics is recommending kids be backwards for the first TWO years (they better mean til they turn two) or they outgrow their car seat. I thought we were doing good at 18 months! He'll outgrow the seat before he's two, his feet already are almost touching the seat.
Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the spring weather. The flip flops are out, and they aren't going back til Winter! (Sorry Mom, I know you tried to teach me better.)

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah for the new set of wheels!!! :) I'm a big advocate for keeping our babies backwards until at least age 2.... I think that Isaac was more like 2 1/2 because he was so little.... because their little neck muscles aren't strong enough to endure the force of a crash, and when rear-facing, the seat provides the support that they need. They never seemed to mind bending their legs a little bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new car is beeyoutiful! Enjoy it.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete