Tuesday, March 1, 2011




Lizziey, that fist bump pic is for you. You're the first one to teach him that.
We're looking at surgery at 10am on Thursday. They'll call us and tell us the time for sure sometime today. Last we heard they're booking the OR for 5 hours, although that could change too.
Micah saw his pediatrician yesterday, and he gave us a resounding "all clear" which was a big relief. Of course, it's all up to the anesthesiologist on surgery day.
I've got a lot on my mind this morning... stupid stuff like supplies that I need to sign for that need to show up today, how my plant is going to stay alive (I'm sending it to you, mom! LOL).. The trash, the recycling (Craig, you might be getting a text about that one). It's funny how the little stuff drives you crazy when you're already stressed out. Luckily this is my morning to get out of the house... But as I write this, I realize how surrounded we are by wonderful people that will help us out if we just ask. Not everyone is so lucky.
Micah is doing awesome. In the last week he's started to eat more than I've ever seen him eat. He's tolerating his tube feedings like a pro, and at times he's chattering up a storm. He said "dada" for the first time a week or two ago, much to his daddy's delight. We're not sure what sounds he's making most of the time (but that's any 18 mo old!), but we're thankful for anything.
Anyways, we'll try to let you know if anything changes in the next 48 hours. (Yikes... only 48 hours til surgery..)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like GO, PTL. Our church and my Bible study ladies are praying and trusting the Lord for a successful surgery and complete recovery. Thanks for keeping us posted. We love you and know the Lord loves you even more. Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer that all goes well with the little guy's surgery. We all know that he's got the best doctors and the most wonderful parents a little guy could ask for. Take care of yourselves, Love Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete