Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh good grief...

Travis had a handful of mike and ikes and I asked if I could have one. He said "sure" and I asked which color he wanted me to take. He replied, any one you want. I put my hand out so he could give me one. He dumped one into my palm, and quickly said "no, you can't have the red one" and took it back. But then he gave me two pink ones, so I guess it's okay.

I suppose this is the type of thing that keeps us sane.

What doesn't keep us sane is when doctors is when say that his surgery is going to be the 16th. Every doctor we've talked to said that that's entirely unacceptable. They're going to try and do better. We were supposed to get a date today, but that didn't happen. If he had to wait until then, he'd be sitting there making no progress on anything, because of his vent. We can't handle being around here for another week doing absolutely nothing.

Micah is doing really surprisingly well. They got him up to full feeds as of 6 am this morning. He hasn't had morphine for the last 24 hours. He's doing better than I would do. I got to hold him tonight, which was great.

Sometimes we get really frustrated (because honestly, who wouldn't at this point) but we know we have it a lot better than some. It could be a lot worse. There's a set of twins that could use some prayer. They were about 1 1/2 pounds when they were born, and one was stable enough to bring to Childrens, but the other is still at another hospital. The one at Childrens is in our "pod" and isn't doing very well today... his name is Alex, I don't know what his brothers name is. "Not very well" is a relative term... everyone in the ICU isn't doing "very well", but doing "not very well" in the NICU is another thing. Considering this, we think we're pretty lucky.

Here's our sweeties one month handprint. (he has big hands!)

He's now 21" long and 7 pounds 3 oz. His weight went way up after surgery, but I think this is pretty accurate. He's getting so big!

5 comments:

  1. No great words of wisdom, just letting you know that we're thinking of ya.
    If you get bored, you can always get a permanant marker and make designs on the extra diapers. :)
    Hope you have some encouraging news today. judek

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for each of you and the physicians. Thought about you during the festival. Good luck with the doctors and the timing of the next surgery.

    Blessings!

    Rex M Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah is such a beautiful little precious love!!! we sure hope the surgery will be sooner than the 16th. brittany; you have a way with words; you can be so humorous in the middle of everything going on around you. We are still praying for your little bundle of boy; and always will. love, mark and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before too long his hand will be as big as yours Britt. I can't believe how big he is getting. I do hope for yours and Micahs sake they schedule his trach soon. Thinking of you all often. Love, Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the postings you take time to do. We look forward to reading them and keeping up with the little angel and his parents. Love you all. Lana

    ReplyDelete