Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's probably dangerous..

It's probably dangerous to blog at 3 am, but oh well. They just gave him another round of meds and they have to draw blood in another hour, so why sleep? (We finally got the cocktail of drugs figured out!)
I was thinking about all of "this", and realized... Not in a million years would I have come up with this being the way I thought my life was going to turn out. Sure, as some of my friends joke, I seemed "ripe" to have a special needs kid (I've been working with SN kids since I was a kid!), but this???
It hit me today as I was walking back to the hotel, thinking that it was nice he was only in the ICU for less than a day. Most parents never see their child in the ICU, ever. Some parents don't even see their child in the hospital, ever.
I never would have thought things would be like this, but I find it oddly comforting. I know that God isn't sitting around wringing his hands,wondering what is going to happen next. He's not surprised, and he certainly isn't sitting around asking why. I don't mean all this in a terribly cliche way, I promise I hate Christianese more than most.
I'd like to know the why's of life, but I have to trust I will find out someday.

In the meantime, I'm praying they'll get his blood draw from his IV. They barely did last time. 4 am labs are the worst. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment