Friday, August 26, 2011

Try me...

So, on rounds this morning they confirmed we're stuck here til Monday, and even after that the question was whether we can go home or stay local. Seriously, if we're stuck here I'm really thinking about going to the zoo! Of course, Micah's super swollen slightly black and blue face might get some looks (I didn't remember his big and floppy hat), that's nothing out of the ordinary.
Seriously, it's like watching a faucet drip. And just as irritating.
The drain is barely even working, so there's a hole in his neck and it's dripping down his clothes. They're bringing in Interventional Radiology to see if they have any ideas. To be fair, Dr. Elluru told us "2-10 days" to expect to be down here. 2-10? Really?!
All this and we have to be back probably the 6th to get the stitches out. I'm guessing not the 5th, since it's Labor Day.
We're still waiting on some of his bloodwork to see if he'll get that 4-5 hour infusion before we leave. I can't imagine we'll get out of here without it, he doesn't have a good track record in IGG land.
The highlight of my evening was chatting on facebook with a handful of moms that have kids with LM's. We decided we could do our own reality tv show, "The real housewives" if you will. :) We'll show them drama! Or, instead of "The Office" We could have "the Doctors Office". The spinoff could be "The Therapy Office". :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about that, but Doctors do move very, very slowly. It must be very hard to keep little M occupied now that he's feeling a little better. I hope the docs will at least release you to McD house. If I can do anything to help, please let me know. Love you all, Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have a team that hung on possibly too long than one that shooed you out too quickly. Doesn't make waiting any easier, but assume God is directing the doctors for Micah's best interest. We continue to pray for ALL of you. Miriam

    ReplyDelete