Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good morning!!!

Good morning everyone! Micah is doing well this morning! They've been able to turn his ventilator pretty far down over the night, so he's doing most of his breathing on his own. Linda, Amber, Mandy and Travis got to spend an hour with him last night, and Travis was already in there this morning. Linda said that when Travis came in and started talking, Micah perked right up, opened his eyes, and looked around! I haven't got to see too many pictures of him yet, but he has a lot of hair, I hear. Doctors havent made their rounds yet, so I'll have to post an add on later.
I (Brittany) am doing alright. Kind of feels like someone cut open my innards! They had to bring me back to University Hospital last night, because there was no room for me in the inn. They weren't expecting me till Wednesday. One of the doctors commented that he appreciated that it wasn't 2 in the morning (He always joked Micah would come at 2 am on Saturday). They're supposed to get me back to Childrens around 10 this morning.
Well, I'm sure we'll post more later... Hopefully some pictures, too!

13 comments:

  1. Praise God!!! Can't wait until I can see him and hold him. Just thankful he is here in all his glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the Indiana entourage made it down there safely. I can only imagine the speed that they were driving! :) Glad you're feeling decent too, Brittany. Try and rest so your body can heal. Thinking of you all........judek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a great aunt!!!!!! It's so exciting to hear that you all are doing well. I can't believe the day we've all been waiting for is here. I can't wait to see pictures of him - I'm so proud of you, Britt and Travis, for all your strength, courage, patience, and true trust that God would take care of you and your precious son.May you both get some rest and Congratulations!! love, aunt cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Set back, take a deep breath, count your blessings and get ready to chase the little guy all over the place! That time will be before you know it! congrats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Britt and Travis:
    Just wanted you to know that we are so happy for the three of you! When I was calling everyone last night, I told Tara that you had to moved back to University, that there was no room at the inn, Tara said just like Jesus! Will be looking forward to the photos! Take care and talk to you later! Give Micah a kiss of us!

    Love
    Uncle Steve and Aunt Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! So thrilled for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that you are doing so well Britt. Take it easy while you can. Can't wait to see pictures of that baby!

    Love you all,

    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your little angel. You will be feeling better soon. I was always told it goes in twos. The second hour feels better than the first. The second day feels better than the first the second week, etc. We love you!

    The Hatfields in KC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Glad everything is going good. Still missing you at church!

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is Good! Blessings to the entire family and welcome Little Micah!

    All my prayers-Kim Willson\

    (I work with Linda at Stepping Stones)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Travis & Brittany-Congratulations! How awesome! Can't wait to see pictures! Will keep praying! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. God is amazing! We will continue to pray, We can't wait to see pics!
    - the Cassadys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Travis and Brittany, Congrats on the arrival of little Micah. I know that this is such an exciting time for you but also a scary one with all that is to come with his surgery. I will continue to pray for all of you and for little Micah to be strong. I was so glad to hear that his breathing is good and pray it stays that way. I am sure Micah is being loved on a lot which is great, he can never be loved on enough.
    Stay strong and keep leaning on our Amazing God!!

    Brenda Gawthrop (WWC Ultrasound Tech)

    ReplyDelete