Saturday, September 5, 2009

An update!







Micah is such a cutie pie! Today was a big day for him! They took out the drains from the cyst area. They also took out his catheter. He got his first dirty diaper today, and mom changed it! (Dad said he'd pass, but don't worry he's got plenty coming!) My mom (Brenda) will put up pictures later, I'm sure. Micah is down to so few wires, it's amazing! The doctors are going to put him on an NG tube (a feeding tube from his nose or mouth to his stomach) in the next few days. Right now he's getting his nutrition/fat from fluids that are going through an IV. This is a big step in the right direction. They are planning on extubating him (taking his breathing tube and ventilator) out on Tuesday. This could change of course, depending on how Micah does. He's been pretty good today. They stopped his morphine/versed (his pain medication and sedation) so he's been waking up slowly. He's moving around a lot more, and is even opening his eyes just ever so slightly. I am so excited to see his little eyes.
It's been a busy day in his little life- all good things! Pictures to come!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what great news. You can just see God's hands in Micah's condition. For me that is the only answer, His hands and His giving the doctors the way to do it. Can't wait until I can hold him.
    Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear all this good news. Micah seems to be progressing by leaps and bounds! We can't wait to see the new pictures.

    Take care,

    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD,WHO GETS HIM FIRST?this old grandma will proably be afraid to hold him,because i am so excited about all of his progress today,I still believe he will be an ornery little guy but who cares,he can have all the cookiues he wants, especially from me!!! I supose I should not have said that as you guys will not let me. anyway CONGRATULATIONS ON HIS PROGRESS
    KISSES
    FROM GREAT-GRANDMA B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a great day!! I don't blame you Travis I would have passed too.. Thanks for taking the time to write/post pictures. I know that you guys are so busy..The updates are priceless. Even thought I know God is so capable but HE still amazes me.. Thank you JESUS! You know that M&M's (MIRACLE MICAH)are one of my favorite candies? Any correlation?
    Love
    Steve and Ellen

    ReplyDelete