Sunday, September 13, 2009

A tiny vision of the future...

We talked to the doctors this morning about what it would take to get Micah closer to home. The two big things are watching his incision heal, and being able to perform a swallow study. To get to the swallow study, he needs to work a lot with therapy so that he can be interested enough in taking a bottle so they can do the study. If he passes the swallow study, that will be one step closer to getting him to Fort Wayne. We're not getting too excited yet, but it's nice to know what they are looking for.
He's definitely making baby steps forward when it comes to being able to suck and swallow. He's at least interested in the idea, which is more than a few days ago.
Unfortunately, everyone is going home today. It's going to be strange, but we've been glad to have as many visitors as we have.
Continue to pray for Micah, and that I (Brittany) will feel better. My allergies came roaring back, and I'm not able to take the medicine I usually take. Lots of coughing + big ncision= pretty miserable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting as soon as I can afford it, love. Promise. I can't wait to meet Micah!

    :-*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hartman Family!

    I was so glad to finally meet and hold Micah yesterday. He his such a sweetie! It was great to see how far he has come. We'll all keep praying that he continues to make advances and that you'll soon be able to bring him closer to home.

    I'm going to try and come visit again soon. Now that I've seen him I want to cuddle him again.

    I hope your allergies get better soon. I'm so sorry you are having to suffer with them during this time. I personally had already begun to pray for a good frost to happen soon (so it can take care of allergies, bees, and mosquitoes!)

    Love to all --
    Great-Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete