Friday, October 14, 2011

I've really had enough.

It gets really frustrating when you just don't know what to do next. Yesterday the Dr. drained tons of (mostly) blood and lymphatic fluid, we'd been just getting lymphatic fluid at home, so he must have gotten a new pocket we hadn't gotten in to. Still no functioning drain, so he's just as swollen as he was yesterday. I thought I understood his philosophy on all this, but the drain AINT working.

The poor kid hasn't been able to see conistently out of his eye for the last week.

Things are just really stressful around here. We don't know what to do to get this all under control. The poor kid... He's been on antibiotics for 6 weeks now. That can't be good for his belly (or for anything). We're doing probiotics, because I have to feel like I'm doing something good for him.

He didnt seem to tolerate the rapamycin again... Even after being off it for about 28 hours, it was still in his system higher than it should have been. I think the consensus is we're at the end of that road.

We've seriously thought about just taking a week and living in Cincinnati and doing whatever it takes to get this figured out... Problem is I don't think that'd even help, because there's nothing new left to do.

This disease is far uglier than I ever imagined. And if you know Micah you'll find it no surprise he's over in the next room playing. His face is swollen like a balloon, he can't see out of one eye, he's puking just about daily, but he's playing. I wish I had his spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment