Monday, October 10, 2011

The kid is a mystery!

Still not sure what's bothering his leg. It's not keeping him from walking, he's just a little unsteady and limping. As long as he has tylenol, he's quite a bit better. Doctor doesn't think it's a fracture, which is good (can you imagine if it was...ugh I'm not sure I could take it!) We avoided an x-ray for today, but may do one if things don't improve.

We had a laundry list of bloodwork to get done, I think 7 different tests in all! That might be a record. We should have the first round back this afternoon, and the rest back later this week. We've been in contact with various docs all weekend/today... The bloodwork will hopefully rule out infection, although it seems highly unlikely at this point. Unless is IGG comes back in the toilet we may not have to go down to Cincinnati this week! We are seeing a new ENT in FW to see if he can fix the drain situation. Also, learned we can do IVIG in FW if need be, although we seem to always need to be in Cincinnati for something. (Plus, I'm not sure if they'll do it at the same fast rate we've become accustomed to, since they don't have proof he tolerates it just fine). I'll take the 8 hours of driving and 3 hour infusion over the 8 hour infusion, LOL!

Is it me, or do things just seem really complicated right now? It's my life and I can't even keep it all straight!

2 comments:

  1. But he is a cute mystery! Love, Grandma Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how women love a mysterious man -- :)

    Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete