Sunday, August 9, 2009

Drama, drama, drama...

Seriously, this kid is pretty dramatic for still being in there... Maybe he's getting it all out of his system before he's born (haha... I know better).
Still having contractions... It's been 6 days now. As Dr. VanHook says, "Some people just contract and contract, and nothing changes... And you're one of those people." Dr. VanHook is a pretty funny, quotable guy. As he says, the doctors "are using their belt and suspenders" to make sure that I dont go into labor without them knowing. (Meaning they're covering their bases quite well). He has a bank of analogies that are always pretty amusing. I've seen him the last three days pretty frequently.
The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that I'm not getting out of here before he's born. When the maternal fetal doctor sees you multiple times a day, so he can leave without worrying about me, you know that they're watching you pretty darn close.
Today we're trying medicine number... 4, I think. This one probably won't make much difference, but they're trying their entire arsenal.
We have visitors this weekend, which is nice. Unfortunately everyone is going home until something decides to happen. It'll be strange just being Travis and I, but I think I'll probably catch up on sleep (they don't let you do much of that around here).
Anyways, enough for now.
Britt (for Travis, Micah, Brenda, Linda, Amber and Mandy)

OH! I forgot (since it doesn't apply to me!) We got into the Ronald McDonald House yesterday. Travis says it's really nice, and it's about 15 dollars cheaper a night than where we were staying (although that was a great deal too!) So, now we have an address.
Ronald McDonald House
c/o Travis and Brittany Hartman Room 24
350 Erkenbrecher Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45229

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked the flowers sweetie. Sorry it's so boring in the hospital (maybe you should take up reading -- hint, hint!) When I was about your age I was in the hospital for 2 weeks (you know me, back trouble) and it was no fun. But it will all be worth it in the end.

    Luv, Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittany,
    I am thinking about you and praying for you constantly still. Hang in there.
    Lizziey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry that you are going through all of this. We know that this is hard, but thankfully we serve a God who watches the details. We are praying for you guys. BTW sleep now is important, b/c you don't get much after they come! Hope you get to catch up on your sleep.

    ReplyDelete