Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A little update, and a lot of thanks!

There is no way I can remember to specifically thank all of you who have sent us cards this week! It's so nice to get mail (it spices up what have been pretty boring days!) I do want to thank the Youth and the New Life Class for making cards for us. We're reading the youth cards a few a day, and we got the New Life Class cards in the mail today. You guys are pretty great!
We had visitors today! Craig, Cora, Olivia and Bethan came to visit us... that's a long drive (but they are used to long drives!) Unfortunately Olivia and Bethan weren't old enough to come on the floor- I'm sorry! They didn't tell me that rule! But for future reference, I know that you have to be 14 to go into the NICU. I'm sorry, youngins!
The doctors are still talking about letting me out tomorrow. I'm off the medicine now, and I already miss it! As long as the contractions are bearable and not changing anything, they're planning on letting me out tomorrow. Sunshine, here I come! If they let me out, we'll be a hop, skip and jump from Childrens, which makes us feel better about being there.
Tomorrow I'll have an ultrasound to check on Micah, as well as his daily test. Friday, though, they're doing another MRI at Childrens. The doctors want to see if anything has changed since about a month ago. Having the MRI makes me really nervous (I'm scared of what they'll find), but they need to know about it in advance so they can plan for it. It's a blessing, but a real stress. Plus, I'm not terribly fond of MRIs. But really, who loves them?!?
Well, I think that's all for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll be posting from the R. McD. house, not the hospital!

4 comments:

  1. what good news!! Hopefully all will stay stable so you can at least get some new scenery. how is the ronald mcdonald house set up? do you and travis have one room and then share living rooms etc. with other families or does each family have a full "apt"? do you share a kitchen? it is so nice that those types of places exist.take care and hope all the tests show good things. love, aunt cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to hear you may get out into the sun!!! Tell Micah to hold on, just a little longer! I'm with you on the MRI's. Have to have one on the 26th for my shoulders. Not anywhere as important as yours but kind feel for you. Love you, Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are both in my prayers, no, all three.
    deb shively

    ReplyDelete
  4. ignore -- learning how to post comment on blog

    ReplyDelete