Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An update...

Yesterday, we had our normal tests for Micah, but this time, as an outpatient! :) His non-stress test (it measures how his movement and the contractions affect his heart rate) came back fine. Sometimes he's squirming so much they can't keep track of him. Yesterday he rolled over and they had to find him again. He's a tricky one! We also had his bi-weekly ultrasound. He almost got all his points, but missed out on one because he didn't breathe as much as they want him to. He's ALWAYS stubborn on this, but this is the first time he didn't get it all in under 30 minutes. He was breathing though- on several occasions, just not quite what they wanted. The doctors weren't too concerned though.
They are planning an amniocentesis (oh boy) for September 2nd, when I'll be 36 weeks by their count. If this test shows his lungs are mature, they will deliver him shortly after. If not, they'll continue their waiting game.
Every three weeks, he gets measured. This week, they estimated him at 5 lbs, 5 oz. To us, this seems huge! We didn't think he'd ever get this big! They measure different bones, his head and his abdomen. The size is converted to the estimated age of the baby. His head was in the 34 week range, his belly in the 33 week range, but his legs measured between 35-36 weeks. Everything was within the range of normal, I'm just amused at the long legs.
This is my first time to venture downstairs to the computers, so I'm a happy camper. I plan about one "outing" a day- whether it's to the doctors office, the tv area, or somewhere else. Otherwise, I'm taking it pretty easy.
We just want to thank everyone for their cards. We have a memo board in our room that is full of cards, and we love getting them. We appreciate the prayers, we know that's the only way we've kept our sanity the last three weeks.

7 comments:

  1. What great news about Micah! And it is exciting you are now an out-patient. I hope you are sleeping well without all the interruptions. I'll keep praying! Love, Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt & Travis,

    What, you were expecting short legs! I think not in your family! ;) It's wonderful that you've been able to get so far along in the pregnancy! Maybe Micah isn't quite as stubborn as we thought. When they do the amnio next week (sorry about the needle!) I hope you get the report you want. You're all in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love you all, Aunt Joni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travis and Brittany,

    So glad to hear the good news! I'm enjoying your blogspot for Micah and the fact that you seem to be keeping your sense of humor with all that you and Travis are going through. We'll continue to pray for all of you.

    Sincerely,
    Sharon Shively

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you were able to escape your room for a bit...a change of scenery is a good thing.
    Just a little while longer............... judek

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Travis and Brittney, I know you have no idea who I am so I will tell you. My name is Monica and I work with Alan. He showed me your site and I visit you daily. You are truely an amazing person Britt to be so up beat and positive thru all this. I always say I have to be the optimist in my family because no one else is. You keep your attitude girl its refreshing. You are all in my prayers and I for one BELIEVE in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brittney! It sounds like lately its all been good news on Micah! Praise GOD!! We are praying for you and Travis both...and we are hopeful for the good news to continue! Little Micah will be here before you know it! Rest up girl...if he's this "wild" on the inside....just imagine this little guy on the outside! (Maybe now Austin won't seem so CRAZY!)....blessings to you guys-
    p.s. your NOT missing a darn thing here in CC...just in case you were wondering! :)
    Annette Shively

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOD IS GREAT!!!!
    Aunt Janice

    ReplyDelete